The INSTART group is an innovative group of companies from the automotive sector. Under the claim "Develop future technology - experience future technology", five highly specialised companies operate synergistically on the market. The focus is on the leading technologies of electromobility (e.telligent), autonomous driving (digitalwerk) and big data (ip camp). They are joined by CUBE brand communications GmbH - agency for brand communication and specialist in the areas of brand building and brand experience - and INSTART consult as an expert and provider in the area of digital shared services. In our new series of articles "Working life in the innovative group of companies of the INSTART group" we regularly introduce employees from the INSTART group and give an insight into their everyday working life.
Now it's the turn of Florian Grau, who also works for INSTART consult.
Hello Flo, can you briefly tell us a few sentences about yourself?
In my free time, I spend most of my time following my great passion of football, travelling the world, enjoying nature in the mountains or trying out interesting culinary recipes in my own kitchen. Professionally, I have developed a huge soft spot for the topics of recruiting, sourcing and social media marketing and am always looking for new recipes to bring together the right people with the right position and make them happy.
How did you come to the INSTART group?
I got to know our partner Markus Fichtner through a mutual contact and was relatively quickly enthusiastic about the visions he had regarding the founding of this group of companies and ultimately he was able to convince me to help build the whole thing up.
How would you describe your day-to-day work in keywords?
- All aspects of recruiting come together in my department
- Administration of the applicant management system Prescreen
- Responsible for the application process, sourcing process and the entire recruiting process, responsible for the budget, technical and disciplinary responsibility for the team of 4.
- Obtaining requirements from the specialist departments and coordinating marketing measures such as sourcing, placement of job advertisements and recommendation management with the aim of obtaining applications and consequently appointments
- Leading and managing our 4-person recruiting team
- Interface with HR marketing regarding employer branding
- Interface to HR regarding on- and offboarding process
- Contact person for internal customers of the INSTART group and their hiring managers
- Contact person for external partner companies, which we now support selectively in job-related projects.
At the INSTART group the foosball tables are regularly a hot spot - where do you prefer to play?
In front, because there I can hint at my goal-scoring qualities from my active football career 😉 And who are your fearsome opponents?
And who is your fearful opponent?
There's no one, I'm happy to play against the better ones because you usually learn something from them.
And I'm always pretty sure that my team will get at least one goal together against the supposedly fearful opponents in order not to concede any "glasses" 😀
A central meeting point in the HQ is our cosy and well-equipped bar. Team Espresso or Team Cappuchino?
Absolutely espresso - it's easier and faster 😉 - unless one of our friendly colleagues whips up a cappuccino for me. There are some amateur baristas who can do that better than I can.
And last but not least - describe the working atmosphere at INSTART group in three words!
Warm, challenging and humorous